This Veggie Thai Red Curry is warming, aromatic and full of flavour. Serve with quinoa or jasmine rice for a filling supper.
VEGGIE RED THAI CURRY
Servings: 3 – 4
Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 3 – 4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (like Thai Kitchen)
- 1 can full-fat, premium coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tamari/soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 – 8 mushrooms, sliced
- thumb-size piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges (garnish)
- 1 bunch of Thai basil, shredded (garnish)
In a large saucepan, add coconut oil and lightly sauté garlic and onions for about 5 minutes.
Add curry paste and stir. Pour in coconut milk, water, soy sauce and coconut palm sugar – stirring to combine, then bring to a gentle boil.
Toss in the fresh vegetables and ginger, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
Serve with rice or quinoa, if desired. Garnish with Thai basil and lime wedges. Eat and enjoy!