This tabbouleh-inspired quinoa salad is a lovely summer dish.
Summer Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced – garnish
Cook quinoa in one and a half cups of water in a pot, bringing to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until most of the water is absorbed.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olive oil, sea salt, lemon juice and parsley. Stir in cooled quinoa.
Top with avocado!