Here’s a flavourful and marvelous millet dish for you to try. I was so pleased with how the millet came together with the beautiful veggies, flat-leaf parsley and subtle hint of tahini. I fall more in love with plant-based cuisine every day.
Millet with Carrots, Mushrooms and Parsley
- grapeseed oil, as needed
- 1 cup cooked millet
- 1 teaspoon organic tamari/soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Himalayan salt or sea salt, to taste
- handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- a dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
Sauté garlic and mushrooms in grapeseed oil for a minute or two on medium heat. Stir in carrots and cook for another minute. Turn heat to low, adding cooked millet. Then add tamari, tahini, apple cider and stir well. Remove from heat and add parsley. Sprinkle mixture with salt (to taste) and cayenne pepper (if desired). Stir, serve and enjoy this veggie millet delight!